This morning before it got too hot the dogs and I went outside. I took my scissors with me and a green pitcher and clipped a sparse bouquet. Unfortunately everything seems to be on its last legs in the zinnia department.
You can no longer see the brightly colored ceramic sun hanging in the middle of the fence. It’s completely covered now with vines.
I cut a bloom from a hosta plant, only to see that it had ants all over it. It wasn’t coming inside. So I tossed it.
Because the pickings were slim, I cut some blooms from the garlic plant. I think that’s what Charlie is sniffing. I doubt they’ll eat the garlic like they chow down on the zinnia leaves.
Here’s a peek at what I’m working on. I think it’s going to take much of this week to finish what I’ve started. I’m just making it up as I go along. Which is normally what I do.
Here’s an idea I picked up from another blogger at some point. (Bloggers have such nifty ideas!) I saved one of the boxes my Walmart stuff came in (I order household supplies and cereal and such about twice per month.). I knew I would need a box for this project, so I kept it.
So you punch small holes in the box. Put the screws through and screw your cabinet pulls and knobs in. Such a great way to paint all sides at once!
I didn’t paint it here on the porch. It’s just drying here.
By the end of yesterday they were dry and I’ve already put them back on. No power tools here. Just me and a screwdriver. Manual labor. But I like how they turned out.
I hope to show you my finished project by mid-week.