It’s winter and we’re stuck inside a lot. We’re looking at the same spaces and decor every day. And of course we get bored and want to change things up. I know I do.
So how can we feel better about our surroundings without breaking the bank?
1. This is a simple step and one we often skip due to lack of time. But I know that I feel better when I walk into my bedroom and the bed is made.
2. Shop your home, attic, basement or garage for a piece of furniture to use as a kitchen island. It will give you more horizontal space, and give your kitchen a whole different look.
3. Bring green life into your home. House plants are relatively cheap. Plants purify the air you breathe. And I always feel happy when I see something green growing in my spaces.
If you have a friend who also has house plants, maybe you can swap cuttings.
4. Make or buy new throw pillows. An extra punch of color or just something you normally wouldn’t be drawn to can energize your space.
5. Take everything out of your book shelves. Give them a good dusting. And rearrange your things in a different way than you normally do. Shelves artfully arranged become works of art.
6. Think outside the box when it comes to candles. There are all sorts of ways to arrange them, as in the photo above, that will make a beautiful display from objects you wouldn’t normally think of using.
7. Layer mirrors or paintings on a piece of furniture in a new way.
Bring in fresh flowers or a plant and place in front of a mirror.
8. Rearrange objects on your coffee table. Shop your home and find new things that you haven’t used there before. It will give this space new life.
10. Grow a terrarium. A little microcosm of nature. Bringing nature into the home gives you a little feel of the outside until spring arrives.
What ways do you change up your space without spending money or spending very little?