The reason you’re seeing this Breville Smart Oven photo from Williams-Sonoma is because I had to buy a new one.
The other day when I was at the doctor’s office, the apartment complex had a very brief lapse in power. Just one to two minutes. But I guess there was a power surge and out went my Breville.
After a lot of calling around and Googling to find fixes, I finally figured out I wasn’t going to be able to fix it. I got a good three and a half years out of it, using it pretty much daily.
So I checked around for pricing. I’d purchased my first one from Williams-Sonoma here in town. They had a good price. I went in yesterday, opened a credit card and got an even better deal.
So I suppose I just got my Christmas present! That and the eye glasses I so needed.
The woman who owns the restaurant where I get Chinese food was talking with me one day, and I told her about the Breville Smart Oven.
She went to Williams-Sonoma and bought herself one. Says she loves it.
Not having a stove was about the only way I was going to be able to have a portable (though huge) washer that I ordered when I first moved in spring of 2014. And I haven’t regretted that decision.
Summary From Williams-Sonoma Website…
Breville’s super-versatile counter top oven now includes a slow-cook feature, so you can simmer foods up to 10 hours at low temperatures – great for flavor-rich stews, chili and pot roasts. This Pro model also includes an automatic oven light, making it easier to check cooking progress.
- Interior light turns on at end of cooking cycle and whenever light button is pressed.
- 10 preset functions: toast, bagel, bake, roast, broil, pizza, cookies, reheat, warm, slow cook.
- Slow-cook function with Hi and Lo settings; keeps food warm at end of cycle.
- Optional convection fan cooks foods up to 30% faster.
- Includes baking and broiling trays, plus a 13″ nonstick pizza pan.
- Element IQ® automatically adjusts power of heating elements for faster, more even cooking.
- Adjustable temperature from 120°F to 450°F.
- Brushed stainless-steel housing.
- Magnetic auto-eject rack slides out when door is opened.
- 25W halogen light bulb is user-replaceable; does not require you to send oven to manufacturer.
- Two-hour timer with auto shutoff.
- “Frozen food” button adds cooking time to defrost then cook frozen foods.
- Temperature conversion button converts from Fahrenheit to Celsius.
- Compact size saves counter space.
- Easy-to-read digital display.
- Nonstick interior.
- Oven must be placed at least 4″ from adjacent walls for adequate air
circulation. The exterior of the unit heats up while in use.
- Caution should be exercised when using pans and dishes constructed
of materials other than metal. If using ceramic or glass pans or dishes,
it is important that they are oven safe to prevent cracking.
- Avoid using utensils on the nonstick interior.
- Removable crumb tray, broil rack, pizza pan, and baking pan are dishwasher safe.
- Avoid using harsh detergents, abrasive cleansers or scouring pads.
- Clean exterior and interior with damp cloth; do not touch or clean quartz heating elements.
- Glass door may be cleaned with glass cleaner or a damp cloth; stubborn residue may be removed using a soft plastic scouring pad.