Home hacks are tips that help us do things more easily in our homes and lives. When someone devises an efficient way to do or clean something, these things often get shared as “home hacks”.
1. Better Water Efficiency In Toilet Tank
Just add a jar of water inside the toilet tank. This reduces the amount of water you use when you flush the toilet. Thus, lowering your water bill.
2. Cleaner Window Screens:
Did you know that you could “defuzz” your window screens? Just use a lint roller.
Now how easy does that sound to clear your window screens of all the stuff that ends up stuck on them?
3. For Wicks Too Low In Candles:
Do you ever end up with candles where the wick is suddenly so small you can no longer light it?
Then just stick a thin piece of spaghetti in it and light that! What a game changer. I don’t have to toss my candles.
4. Use Pool Noodle To Fill Container With Water:
Do you ever find yourself needing to fill a container with water but the container won’t fit under the spigot?
Get a pool noodle. Slip the pool noodle over the faucet and let it run down to the container on the floor. No spills!
5. Remove Any Carpet Stain:
Add 1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide and 1/2 cup water in a small spray bottle. Then pour in 1/2 teaspoon dawn dish detergent.
Close bottle and shake before each use. Spray over the stained area of the carpet and allow to sit for about 2-5 minutes.
6. Polish Copper With Ketchup:
If your copper looks tarnished, squirt ketchup on a cloth rag. Rub the mixture on the copper until it is completely covered.
Then rinse with warm water and dry normally.
7. Get Egg Shells To Slide Off Eggs:
If you add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda to your pan of water when boiling eggs, the shells should slide right off the eggs when done.
8. Softer Ice Cream Trick:
If you store your ice cream in a ziplock freezer bag, it will be softer when you’re ready to scoop it out.
9. Clean Clogged Toilet Without A Plunger:
This idea does not work for a toilet that is overflowing.
- Step 1. Squirt a good amount of dish soap or shampoo into the toilet.
- Step 2. Add a gallon of very hot (but never boiling) water into the toilet bowl
- Step 3. Wait a few minutes. The water should break up the toilet paper and the soap should help it go down the pipe. You may need to repeat steps one and two.
10. Get Wrinkles Out Of Clothing:
To get wrinkles out of clothing, throw a few ice cubes or a wet washcloth into the dryer with your wrinkled clothes.
As the ice melts and the water turns into steam, it will remove the wrinkles. This trick is not as effective with heavier clothing.
I hope you can use some of these home hacks to make your life easier. Do you have some nifty home hacks you’d like to share?